Sunday 8 September 2013

Video's for inspiration


In this video I really like the way that the music sounds really relaxing and is sort of magical and the video is magical to the man.
I really like how the bubbles lead the story along and how the man is inspired to go on a journey in order to be able to find where they came from and how to make them. I think that this is a really good story line.
I also really like the way that the video is simple and looks good even though it has the different simple components.




I really like the way this video is created because when certain sounds happen the different lights come on. I also like the fact that the video is set in one space and then has different toys that come to life throughout the video. I think this is a really creative idea.



I really like this video where it is a band performing and then switiching to a storyline, I think this is what we would do in our own video

5 comments:

  1. You MUST use more terminology Izzy, the video AMPLIFIES the music by capturing the mood of the song however it is a DISJUNCTURE to the lyrics by virtue of the narrative which is presented (a homeless man making bubbles).

    The only line which is amplified is the final one 'see you from below' when the man looks up at the balloon. It is also worth explaining what you have learnt from the video in terms of what you might be able to achieve. At the minute this would be level 1 so there is LOTS of work to be done. Look on my blog for a HOW TO guide to analysing videos.

    http://mrsmitha2musicvideo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the second Owl City video there is lots to analyse, the amplification of the lyrics, some illustration with the spelling machine, intertextual references to Toy Story etc. Just select a few key scenes and follow the how to instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again be more specific with what you like about the final video, what can you easily copy and what will be impossible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have put up the music Video Analysis' that I have done now, these were just music videos that we could draw inspiration from and possibly inspire ideas.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete