Tuesday 12 November 2013

Improvements to digipak

The improvements I have made to my digipak are because of the fact that it was unfinished due to the problems that had happened the previous time of my blog having an attempted hacker.
I have now changed it from a 6 panel digipak to a 4 panel digipak, this is because I found that there was too much open space or what I wanted to create, which was a simple but with each page filled with a different image or pattern.

I originally had on my digipak, a crinkled old paper design in the background, however, this didn't look as old as I wanted it to. The card design also didn't turn out how I had wished it to, this didn't create a very good look on the digipak cover, the black writing again didn't stand out against the brown paper background.

I have now changed the background to a pure black one, this means that the white writing will stand out on it really well. This also meant that Sammy's blonde hair stands out on the digipak cover, it also means that hair red and blue top stands out as well.

For the part where the CD would actually go I have created a paisley pattern that goes there, this is in black and white to go with the theme, this was originally another design that I created for the digipak that was to have Sammy's face made entirely out of the paisley pattern design that I created, this didn't look as effective as I had hoped though so I started over a again with the bold and quirky image of Sammy looking at a flower. This helps to go with the quirky object theme as this is another object that she is looking at.

I took the images with my camera and wanted an indie quirky style for them, I then transferred them into photo shop and edited them , removing stray hairs etc. this added a more professional quality to them. I then placed them on two panels of my 4 panel digipak. The photos are on the front cover and the inside left.

I made the writing on the back different as well because this helped to create a more quirky style for my digipak cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment